Wednesday 4 May 2011

new reviews on glasswerk

in the hands of a new editor, it appears that glasswerk seems to be upping its game and has already hooked me up to review MC Lars when he hits London this month and provided me with a care package that arrived last week of CDs to be reviewed.

not wanting to waste too much time, i have had they have been on rotation in order to help form my opinions and two of my reviews have been posted already this week.

not wanting to deprive you of my valuable opinions, i thought i may aswell bring these to your attention, while also throwing a little light on the artists reviewed so far.



first up was Daniel Haaksman

a DJ and label boss of Man Recordings, Haaksman will be releasing his ethnically enriched debut album, Rambazamba, later this month, but you can read my account of it right now on glasswerk

and those that wan't to know what i'm talking about may want to give a little listen to the current teaser of the album available to stream, that picks the tracks to pieces and shuffles them together to provide a 17 minute long taster session

Daniel Haaksman - "Rambazamba" album teaser



and the second review online is of MidiMidis

presenting an intriguing blend of chiptune and forgotten indie, their double A-side single was released on monday, and after streaming the lead track The Despondent below, i would suggest that you glance over my review and make me aware of your own opinions of the band and their latest release.

MidiMidis - The Despondent

No comments:

Post a Comment